4 nutrient-packed juice recipes to get you feeling your best
Juice fanatics are always looking for a new tasty blend of healthful ingredients. The ideal juice has the perfect balance of fruits and vegetables for a tasty mix of antioxidants, vitamins and minerals. Veria Living's resident experts have four amazing recipes that fit this criteria.
Check out these tasty juices from Peggy K (a registered holistic nutritionist, health educator, culinary consultant and host of "Peggy K's Kitchen Cures") and Kelly Keough (a sugar-free, gluten-free chef and host of the "The Sweet Truth" on the network).
- 1 lemon
- 2 fennel stalks with fronds
- 2-inch piece ginger
- 2 cups pineapple chunks
- 1/2 cup sunflower sprouts
- 1 cup coconut water
- 2 dashes turmeric
- 1 or 2 pinches cayenne (to taste)
Squeeze the lemon into 2 glasses. Pass the fennel, ginger, pineapple and sprouts through the juicer and divide between the two glasses.
Top off the drinks with coconut water and a sprinkling of turmeric and cayenne.
Note: The drink is great for anyone on raw food diet.
This energy drink, made with green apples, beets and ginger, will boost your energy and elevate your mood.
2 organic green apples
2 large beets
2 inches ginger root, peeled
2 medium carrots, peeled
3 celery stalks, cleaned
Scant dropper of lemon stevia (available at natural foods stores and online)
Juice all ingredients, 1 at a time. Serve in a tall glass. Mix in additional stevia to taste.
- 2 carrots
- 8 big sprigs Italian parsley
- 2-inch piece ginger, unpeeled
- 4 stalks kale
- 1/4 gala apple
- 3/4 large English cucumber
Pass all ingredients through a juicer.
This kiwi detox drink is a mix of fruit and vegetables, and makes a delicious three pronged attack on toxins. Make a kiwi detox drink today!
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 dropper liquid Stevia Clear (available at natural foods stores and online)
- 2 teaspoons Vitamineral Green by Healthforce (available at natural foods stores and online)
- 2 teaspoons Earth’s Promise Goodness of Green: Strawberry/Kiwi (available at natural foods stores and online)
- 2 peeled kiwis
- 1/2 cup frozen spinach
Starting with water and apple juice, place all ingredients—except spinach—in a blender. Start blender on low setting, gradually working up to high. Stop blender and add spinach. Repeat blending process.
Serve in a tall glass.