We’re so used to buying everything pre-made and packaged at the grocery store that we sometimes forget we can make all of it ourselves — without the additives. Get out those mason jars and get ready to make your own mayonnaise, mustard, ketchup, hot sauce and barbecue sauce.
1. Blend eggs, lemon juice and salt in a processor on medium, slowly adding the safflower oil.
1. Mix everything in a bowl, cover and refrigerate overnight.
2. Combine in a high-speed blender.
1. Empty can of tomato paste into a pan and stir until smooth.
2. Slowly add water while stirring.
3. Slowly add vinegar while stirring.
4. Combine the rest of the ingredients and stir over low heat.
5. Once simmering, remove heat and place into containers.
6. Refrigerate until cool.
1. Chop the chilies. (Use gloves so you don’t end up crying because you rubbed your eyes.)
2. After spraying the pan with cooking spray, saute onions and garlic over medium-high heat for about three minutes.
3. Add peppers, white vinegar and salt, and bring to a simmer.
4. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for another eight or nine minutes.
5. Pour mixture into a food processor and puree until smooth.
6. Pour into a container and let it cool uncovered.
7. Cover with an air-tight lid and refrigerate for a few days.
1. Roast the garlic cloves with some oil in the oven.
2. Crush the garlic and mix with the rest of the ingredients in a blender until smooth.