When you’ve been struggling with your health, sometimes you want to just give up. Living a healthy lifestyle isn’t easy, especially when there are unhealthy temptations lurking at every turn. When you feel your willpower start to slip, reference this list and be inspired to choose the healthy path.
1. It’s good for you. We all know that healthy eating is good for you. Your body needs the nutrients that healthy food can provide.
2. You’ll strengthen your immune system.
3. It can help you lose weight. It’s often said that abs are made in the kitchen — not the gym. Keep that in mind next time you’re hitting the drive-though instead of cooking.
4. You’ll respect yourself more.
5. You’ll have more energy. Eating right is a great way to give your body a natural boost of energy and power, especially if you compare it with the sluggishness you’ll feel after eating junk food.
6. You’ll be more motivated to hit the gym. Need extra gym motivation? Here are 50 reason why you should exercise.
7. You’ll be more productive. Just like your body, your brain needs fuel, too. Give it the nutrients it needs so you can get things done.
8. There’s a lower risk of having stroke.
9. You can try new things. There are tons of healthy ingredients out there to try. Hit up a farmer’s market and pick up something new.
10. You will no longer be a slave to your scale.
11. Fresh and whole foods support our farmers and local growers.
12. Your kids will learn to be healthy. We know kids learn from watching. If you’re enjoying healthy foods, they’ll pick up your healthy habits.
13. You’ll gain muscle. People who want to build up muscle think it’s an excuse to eat everything in sight. However, if you aren’t eating healthy, you’ll only be building up fat.
14. Your cooking skills will improve.
15. You’ll be able to do more. Eating right means you’ll be healthier, have more energy and lose weight. Put all that together and you’ll be able to do more fun and adventurous things that you may not have been able to do before.
16. You won’t be as stressed. Cortisol is a chemical in the body that can cause stress. Healthy foods with vitamin C, magnesium and omega-3 fatty acids can reduce levels of the stress hormone cortisol to keep you calm. Read more about cortisol here.
17. You’ll start sleeping better.
18. You can maintain a healthy weight. Whether you’ve lost weight or you’re still trying, eating right can help you maintain your progress.
19. You can avoid sickness and disease.
20. Healthy food reduces your cravings for unhealthy foods. Once you start, you won’t want to stop.
21. Healthy foods give you vital vitamins. There are certain vitamins your body needs. Fruits, veggies and other healthy foods are great sources. Check out our Glossary of Supplements to learn more.
22. It can help your eyesight. Fruits and veggies are great for fighting the two most common age-related eye diseases: cataracts and macular degeneration.
23. You will strengthen your bones. Healthy foods have calcium, and that’s what your bones need to stay strong and healthy as you age.
24. You’ll feel less bloated.
25. Eating naturally cuts out unnecessary sodium. Sodium is always lurking in processed foods, so eating clean will cut out a lot of sodium from your diet.