Feeling sluggish and unmotivated? Some days you just don’t feel like dragging yourself to the gym. Other days it’s so bad you can’t even bring yourself to do sit-ups in the living room. We can change that! Next time you need a little boost of motivation to exercise or lose weight, check out some of these 50 reasons for exercising!
1. It’s good for you.
As if you don’t already know. Leading an active lifestyle and eating right are the best ways to keep yourself healthy! Not only does it prevent diseases, but it also keeps your body at a healthy weight so it can run at its optimal levels.
2. To get stronger.
3. It will help you live longer. A steady schedule of 30 minutes of exercise five days a week is scientifically proven to extend your life by several years! Just brisk walking, biking or jogging can contribute years to your life.
4. To boost your confidence!
5. So you can keep up with your kids. You can guarantee an easier bedtime when the kids are tuckered out! Get in some extra exercise by chasing the kids around the backyard in a game of tag.
6. Exercise to burn off last night’s dessert.
7. The more often you take the stairs, the easier it will get.
8. Exercising is fun. You may not always want to hit the treadmill, but if you find the right workout for you, it can be a blast! Try out a Zumba class, yoga or hiking to find a fitness facet that works for you!
9. You can reduce your risk for cancer.
10. It can give your boobies a boost!
11. Because you want to move forward, not backward.
12. Work out to impress your friends. High school reunion coming up? What about a big family gathering? Hitting the gym now means more surprised faces later!
13. You can work out to improve your balance!
14. Reduce your PMS symptoms by hitting the gym.
15. Exercise to spend time with friends. If you can’t prioritize both girls’ night and the gym, make it a combo! Hubby can’t complain about you working out, and if your ladies happen to be there too, it’s a win-win!
16. Physical health can have a huge (and beneficial) effect on your mental health.
17. You can reduce the risk of stroke by exercising regularly.
18. So you can feel incredible. Completing a workout is a great way to feel good about yourself. Not only will you be more confident, but you’ll be proud of what you’ve done!
20. It sets a good example for your kids.
21. Working out can improve your mood.
22. Exercising can relieve headaches. If you often get tension headaches, working out can relieve them. Tension headaches are the most common kind, so instead of popping a rain reliever, try a jog!
23. Because even if you’re overweight, there’s always a way to get started.
24. It improves your sleeping patterns. Although sleep experts say not to exercise right before bed, daytime fitness improves your body’s circadian rhythm, better known as your internal body clock.
25. You can improve your resting metabolic rate.