It’s no surprise that most New Year’s resolutions take aim at trimming your waistline. But there are other areas of your life that probably need a sprucing, and you don’t even know it. So start 2012 with some goals to improve your dwelling. Your home — and your health — will thank you for it.
1. I will install a CO detector near where I sleep. The Consumer Product Safety Commission recommends placing one in the hallway outside bedrooms in each separate sleeping area.
2. I will perform regular maintenance on my fire extinguishers. And I will click here for the U.S. Fire Administration’s recommendations.
4. I will not judge anyone if they are experiencing a bed bug problem because now I know the insects are inbreeding and infesting at an alarming rate. And if I know anyone suffering from this disgusting trend, I will send them this.
5. I will be prepared in case of a weather emergency. Because if 2011 has taught us anything, it’s that we’re going to wait on the longest line of our lives at the grocery store when a hurricane is looming.
6. I will educate myself on the dangers of lead paint — for myself and my family. And I will check out this video from Simonton Windows.
8. I will read the Raging Ecoist’s “Easy ways to green 2012.”
Tell us your resolutions for 2012 below.