As the new brand ambassador for Zobha — a style-focused activewear brand — and celebrity trainer to A-listers like Courteney Cox, Julianne Moore and Kiefer Sutherland, Michelle Lovitt understands that celebrities are in the spotlight long before they walk down the red carpet, so looking good while working out is essential.
Lovitt lets us in on some insider tips for getting a fit, award-winning body in style.
1. Heart rate monitor. Invest in a heart rate monitor. Workouts should aim to keep your heart rate within your target heart range.
2. Stress relief. During this time of year, many of my clients are stressed out with all of the upcoming award shows. They look to exercise to help relieve stress. Exercise releases endorphins, which will improve your mood. And when you’re being chased around by the paparazzi, it’s much easier to relax when you know you look good! That’s why my clients wear Zobha to and from workouts.
3. Hydrate! Drink plenty of water. The only way our body rids itself of fat is through urine, sweat and carbon dioxide, so drink up!
4. Carbohydrates. If your goal is to be red-carpet-ready, don’t eat carbohydrates before cardio. Carbohydrates release insulin, and insulin suppresses your body’s ability to burn body fat. Instead of using fat, your body relies on stored carbohydrates for fuel (glycogen) and spares your body fat. So if you need to look good, pay attention to what you consume before you “run” out the door.
5. Make it fun. Exercise has to be fun in order to adhere to the program and get results. Find something you like to do and something fabulous to wear and get going!