The mortal enemy of bikini season, cellulite seems to exist just to infuriate all women trying their hardest to get fit. It doesn’t matter how much weight you lose from dieting, the cellulite never seems to disappear from your hips, thighs and booty. Dieting alone won’t eliminate cellulite because cellulite is essentially fat and needs to be eliminated by exercise from your entire body before you can tone the muscle. Exercise is essential to burning fat, and therefore losing cellulite. Here are some great moves to help you get rid of that “cottage cheese” on your body.
1. Lunges: Lunges will target your glutes and fronts of thighs where cellulite lives. Here’s how to slim your thighs!
Need a challenge? Lift your leg up after each lunge. Learn how here.
2. Squats: Squats target your glutes, hamstrings, quads and inner and outer thighs, exactly where cellulite tends to hang out. There are many different variations of squats, but a few of our favorites are plie squats and tiptoe squats. Here’s how to do plie squats:
Modification: Add dumbbells.
3. Plie Squat Into Side Kick: Take your squat to the next level! You’ll feel this in your glutes, quads and hamstrings.
Modification: Decrease your range of motion by squatting down less and kicking lower. Break the moves apart: do a plié squat, stand up, then kick.
4. Fire Hydrant: You will practically feel the cellulite dripping off with this killer move in your glutes, hips and thighs. Here’s how to do it:
5. Weighted Donkey Kick: This move requires intense concentration and muscle control, but you’ll be kissing that cellulite good-bye. Check it out:
Modification: Ditch the dumbbell.
6. Cellulite-Burning Cardio: Cardio singes fat too! Use machines like treadmills, ellipticals and stair masters for about 20-30 minutes at least three times a week to get rid of the cottage cheese thighs and booty. Bored of the same old dreadmill workout? Check out five treadmill workouts to help shake up your fitness routine.
7. Get a massage: After a long week of working in both the office, gym and at home, why not treat yourself to a massage? Massages can help prevent cellulite from forming and battle existing cellulite by stimulating your circulatory and lymphatic systems. (As if you need another excuse to get a massage.)
Click here for the original post.
By providing the "skinny" on healthy living trends, SKINNY MOM educates, supports & motivates moms to live their healthiest lives. Skinny Mom provides readers with the latest and greatest healthy living content, products and food and fitness planning. Connect with Skinny Mom through FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST and INSTAGRAM.