[Recipe] Banana protein bread
If you’re like me, mornings are rushed. If it comes down to makeup or breakfast, we all know what wins. However, breakfast remains the most important meal of the day since it gets your metabolism revved up after a night of sleep and gives you energy to get through your hectic morning. Instead of stressing about it, try making this banana protein bread, which should last you most of the week!
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 cup of oat flour
- 2 scoops of vanilla protein powder
- 1 cup of nonfat Greek yogurt
- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 cup of unsweetened applesauce
- 6 to 8 packets of Truvia
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Pace bananas in a mixing bowl and mix until you have a pudding-like texture.
- Add all remaining ingredients, except nuts, to bowl and mix well.
- Carefully fold nuts into batter.
- Prepare an 8-inch-by-inch Pyrex dish by spraying it with a nonstick spray.
- Evenly place batter in dish and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until center is completely cooked.
- Cut into 12 squares and enjoy 3 to 4 squares for a well-rounded, on-the-go breakfast!
Brittany Davila is the author of LittleBsHealthyHabits.com, which follows her as she strives to live a clean, fit lifestyle. She shares lots of clean eating recipes and workouts, and gives glimpses into her everyday life, hoping others will recognize you don’t have to be a fitness model or competitor to live a fit life. She is just a normal girl that works 40-plus hours a week but chooses to make fitness and health a top priority.