Looking to reel in the gluttony during Super Bowl festivities? Take a break from beers and wings and try this fun, calorie-torching, muscle-challenging workout game by fitness expert and celebrity personal trainer Kira Stokes.
Find your inner beast as you perform the following animal-like movements taken straight from Stokes’ Stoked Primal classes at Reebok Sports Club, which is based on primal motion. Play along during the game (if you dare), or just practice during commercials.
a. Start in extended arm plank position but with hands wider than shoulder width.
b. Perform a push-up but hold contraction one inch from the floor.
c. Keeping chest one inch from the floor, slide back into hips while simultaneously bending the knees two inches off the floor (hips end up directly over the knees in pounce position).
d. Straighten legs to create a downward dog position.
e. Perform a rolling wave by drawing navel to spine and articulating the spine to bring the body back to the start position.
When to do it: Every first down
1. Start in extended arm plank
2. Place right foot on the outside of right wrist
3. Pick up right hand and slide left leg through the right foot and left hand (keep left foot off ground)
4. Return right foot and right hand to start position (return to plank position)
5. Repeat on other side
When to do it: Every touchdown
1. Step out to lunge position.
2. Maintaining the height of the shoulders, pass the back leg through to lunge on the opposite leg. This is a walking lunge where you essentially never come out of the lunge position.
When to do it: Everytime there's a field goal
1. Begin in a plié squat with toes turned out to a 45-degree angle.
2. Hold plié squat position two seconds (weight on heels) then jump
the feet together for one second.
3. Repeat alternating.
When to do it: Everytime a "Time Out" is called