I’m all about quick and easy when it comes to the holidays. Don’t panic this season when you need a last minute treat! Try this reindeer chow for a fast, impressively festive and delish snack mix that can be packaged for gifting or set out in a bowl for entertaining.
- 4 cups kettle corn (store-bought or homemade)
- 5 cups Rice Chex cereal
- 12 ounces melting chocolate
- 1 cup whole roasted almonds
- Optional toppings: M&M’s, white melting chocolate for drizzling and festive sprinkles for decoration
- Pour the kettle corn and cereal into a large bowl.
- Melt the chocolate according to the directions on the package. Once melted and smooth, pour over the cereal and kettle corn. Use a large rubber spatula to gently stir and coat everything well.
- Add the almonds to the bowl and gently stir to coat.
- Spread mixture on a large nonstick surface (like silicone baking mat or parchment paper) to cool and harden (approximately 10–20 minutes).
- If desired, drizzle with melted white chocolate and top with M&M’s and sprinkles.
- Break into pieces for serving or packaging into gifts.
Yields 9 servings